A road bike brand from the former top athletes, Alberto Contador and Ivan Basso, for the demanding athlete who is satisfied with nothing less than the best material available. AURUM and Lightweight form a symbiosis of a perfectly tuned, ultra-light road bike.
Cycling legends Alberto Contador and Ivan Basso are launching their own brand - called AURUM. AURUM is a high-performance road bike brand - born from experience and built on passion and attention to detail.
The name AURUM reflects the passionate character of the brand and the Latin connection between Alberto and Ivan, born in Italy and Spain. AURUM literally means gold.
Magma - the frame for riders with the highest demands
The Magma frame is the first product of the AURUM brand to be launched on the market and was developed with the aim of bringing top performance to the road without compromising: aerodynamics, stiffness, comfort, weight, handling. Alberto and Ivan wanted Magma to be the ultimate road bike that would perform at its best in any situation, whatever the track profile and conditions.
The frame is available individually or as a complete bike in three versions. One of them is the AURUM Magma with Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 and lightweight components. These are the Lightweight Bügelhalter (stem), Lightweight Kompaktbügel (handlebar), Lightweight Leistungsträger (seat post) and the latest wheels Lightweight MEILENSTEIN EVO (Disc, Tubeless).
The MEILENSTEIN EVO at a glance:
- A new layer structure for increased power transmission on the road
- Tubeless for significantly improved rolling properties
- A technological highlight is the use of special highly modular CFRP fibers, which further increase the already breathtaking acceleration values and braking precision.
- Significantly improved comfort without sacrificing extraordinary stiffness.
- Unique precision, unparalleled propulsion and breathtaking control
The frame Magma or the complete bike are available here.